Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read these terms before using the website.
1. Terms of Website Use
2. Other Applicable Terms
2.1.1 Our Acceptable Use Policy (please see below), which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site can be found at the bottom of this document. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
2.1.4 Our Terms of Service (please see below) which sets out the terms of using our service, you may only use this service on compliance of these terms and all applicable laws.
2.1.5 Our Cancellation Policy (please see below) which sets out the terms for cancelling or rearranging appointments.
3. Information About Us
The Site https://dietitiansophie.com is registered to and operated by Sophie Corbett, Registered Dietitian. Regulated by the HCPC.
4. Changes To These Terms
5. Changes To Our Site
5.1 The website may be updated from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
5.2 We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
6. Accessing our Site
6.1 Our Site is made available free of charge.
6.2 We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
6.3 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 Sophie Corbett is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
7.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
7.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
7.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
7.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
8. No Reliance on Information
8.1 The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
8.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees of our members, whether expressed or implied. Members are responsible for keeping their own profiles up to date.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
9.3 Sophie Corbett will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
9.3.1 use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
9.3.2 use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
9.4 If you are a business user, please note that, we will not be liable for:
9.4.1 loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
9.4.2 business interruption;
9.4.3 loss of anticipated savings;
9.4.4 loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
9.4.5 any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
9.5 You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
9.6 Sophie Corbett will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
9.7 Sophie Corbett group assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. Sophie Corbett will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
9.8 Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising because of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply, that may be obtained by contacting the team
10.1 Sophie Corbett does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
10.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
10.3 You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Sophie Corbett will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
11. Linking to Our Site
11.1 You may link to our Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
11.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
11.3 You must not establish a link to our Site without contacting us here. Our Site must not be framed on any other site.
11.4 Sophie Corbett reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11.5 If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please get in contact.
12. Products, Brands and Blog Links
12.1 Where our Site contains links to other blogs and resources provided by users, these links are provided for your information only.
12.2 Sophie Corbett has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
12.3 Where we may reference certain brands or companies, we will state clearly if there is any financial gain had from this. We do not claim affiliation to any brand or company unless otherwise stated.
13. Applicable law
14. Contact Us
14.1 To contact us please use the contact form.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use
The Site https://dietitiansophie.com is registered to and operated by Sophie Corbett Dietitian with the registered address: Waterside Village, Loughborough, LE11 1FU, United Kingdom.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
1. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
2. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
3. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
4. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
5. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
6. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
– Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site
– Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
any part of our Site;
any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
any software used in the provision of our Site; or
any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
The site is owned and managed by Sophie Corbett.
1. You accept that the website and all information published on it is merely an online description of Dietetic services offered. This information is provided by the Subscriber and published in the public domain but does not in any way constitute a reference, validation or in any way an endorsement of any information provided to you, the website user (“User”), or any recommendation or endorsement of the Subscriber or services offered by the Subscriber.
2. Whilst Sophie Corbett will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website Information is accurate, the liability for providing accurate Website Information rests with the Subscriber and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied. Furthermore, Sophie Corbett will not be liable to the User for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the Website; the use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website, loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
3. The User accepts that it is your duty to verify the dietitian subscriber Information before relying on it.
4. Sophie Corbett is not responsible for any content or information published or links to other websites which may appear on the Website.
5. The information displayed on the Website is for information only. It is not intended in any way to be a substitute for medical advice or the advice of any other healthcare professional. Sophie Corbett shall not be liable or responsible for any decisions provided by Subscribers in connection with the website.
6. You expressly agree that you will not sell or trade in any materials on the Website or redistribute Website Information in any way or for any purpose including the compiling of databases, lists or directories or providing commercial information to any third party or any commercial or other reason.
7. You agree that the Website is provided for personal use only for those wishing to engage the services of a Subscriber. You agree not to use the Website for commercial purposes including contacting Subscribers to promote your goods or services or you will be reported for spamming.
8. Sophie Corbett shall not be liable for any interruption or temporary or otherwise shut down of the Website or any omissions, interruptions, suspension, or deletion of emails.
9. Sophie Corbett does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on a device. Cookies can improve your browsing experience because they help websites remember preferences and understand how people use different features.
This policy is effective as from 01.03.2022
Why we collect your data:
We collect your personal data because you give us consent to do so, to provide our independent nutrition and dietetic services to you.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
• Information in relation to this consent form.
• Further clinical information in relation to reports from other health professionals.
• Contact information.
We would like to keep your details and may contact you in the future in regard to updates in the service.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information for the purpose of:
Professional clinical record keeping of client information; Sharing information with relevant health professionals.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place encrypted electronic systems and standard operating procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not distribute, sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact the team.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How you can withdraw and request to be deleted from our files
If you do not wish us to make use of your Personal Information in this way, please use the contact form. You have the right to withdraw consent.
Should you have any queries in relation to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here are the contact details of our Data Controller:
Name: Sophie Corbett
Terms of Service
2. These terms shall be construed in accordance with English Law.
3. Service user information shall be gathered to help support with continuation of care.
4. Contact information is collected and contact may be made to communicate changes in planned appointments, reminders and prompts, marketing information and service updates. Communication may be made to other health professionals in your care e.g. your GP.
5. Sophie Corbett Dietitian is responsible for delivering evidence based dietary and lifestyle advice and does not accept liability for failure to meet individual clinical aims.
6. Rules of conduct; service users under the age of 15 must only use this service with the consent of parent/ guardian. Slander or abuse towards the professional delivering the service is not tolerated. If you are unhappy with the service you received, please contact us to discuss what solution we can offer. Public defamation will not be tolerated. We retain the right to limit or refuse service without refund if the terms of service or local laws have not been complied to.
7. As a remote service Sophie Corbett Dietitian cannot take responsibility for physical health and therefore all clients need local services involved e.g. GP/ ED service who can commit to physical health monitoring.
8. Active Eating Disorders require psychotherapy input and cannot be managed solely by a dietitian, as stated in the NICE guidance.
9. Clients will be risk assessed at point of entry to service and at every clinical contact. If the risks escalate and fall into the exclusion criteria this will result in discharge/ handover to local services.
10. By agreeing to the terms of service clients commit to paying the full cost of the services which they book.
11. Invoices over 4 weeks late will incur a 5% late charge per subsequent week.
Exclusion criteria for remote dietetic services:
Unable or unwilling to make behaviour changes.
Psychologically unwell with no psychotherapist/ psychologist/ psychiatrist input.
Dietary change will result in suicidal ideation.
Red flag according to MEED guidance (cr233):
BMI Below 13 if >18 or m%BMI below 70% if <18
Weight loss >1kg/ week for 2 consecutive weeks
HR <40 BPM
Standing systolic BP below 0.4th centile for age or less than 90 if 18+, associated with recurrent syncope and postural drop in systolic BP of >20mmHg or increase in HR of over 30bpm (35bpm in <16 years)
1. A missed appointment is classed as
(a) An appointment you do not show up to.
(b) An appointment where you arrive more than 15 minutes past the scheduled start time.
(c) An appointment where you provide less than 48 hours to cancel or rearrange.
2. Exceptional circumstances will be reasonably considered but refund or alternate appointment date are not guaranteed.
3. If you change your mind about using the service but have already paid and are requesting a refund. A 10% surcharge will be deducted from the refund to account for time lost and processing costs.